Re: NetBSD-Mach?

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Jason Thorpe wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Dec 1996 20:20:54 -0500 (EST)
> Tom Rini <trini%ntplx.net@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Welp, the 68k-lites is of course, no.  however, it wouldn't be hard to get
> > binary compat between say lites, mklinux, and aix (i remember something
> > being said about this being not to hard to do now, but i'm not sure if
> > that code would end up in the server, or mach) would work.
>
>Depends... NetBSD would use NetBSD's syscall numbers, etc.  It would
>be the NetBSD ABI.  NetBSD would emulate Linux's ABI or AIX's ABI.
>We have a generic emulation layer to do this.

So then it wouldn't be that hard to setup aix or ppc linux emulation in
netbsd/powerpc?  or would this not work because netbsd/powerpc is a.out
(thats what the gcc patch setups anyways..), and ppc-linux is elf.  And
vice versa (if the linux server supports a.out)?

-Tartarus

Homepage:       http://www.grayphics.com/~tartarus/
                http://www.macintosh.net/mklinux/
"CS majors have better hardware."