Re: NetBSD-Mach?

Excerpts from mail: 10-Dec-96 Re: NetBSD-Mach? Tom Rini%ntplx.net@localhost
(1000*)

> So then it wouldn't be that hard to setup aix or ppc linux emulation in
> netbsd/powerpc?  or would this not work because netbsd/powerpc is a.out
> (thats what the gcc patch setups anyways..), and ppc-linux is elf.  And
vice versa (if the linux server supports a.out)?

BTW,

While I can see how emulations for Solaris/PPC and Linux/PPC would work
(having being involved in an implementation).  I'm afraid that you would
find AIX another kettle of fish.  Issues include POWER compatibility,
that @*&#^$&*( slab of code at very low addresses, the use of the
segment registers, ...

        enjoy,
                Andrew