Re: Pegasos PCI-bus scan works

On 01-Nov-2007 Matt Sealey wrote:
> marvell_pci.c would be far more descriptive if another Discovery platform
> comes along (we support 3 of their chipsets with our firmware.. and who
> knows who else might bite) which needs the same trick.

I don't actually know what requires this hack currently.  I consider the code a
necc. evil that I will only be using on machines that absolutely need it.  Any
machine that works with ofwpci.c should be using that instead.

I named it pegasospci, in the hopes that only the pegasos II would ever need
this particular chunk of code.  The layout is similar to how we laid out
macppc's PCI busses.  We have a few sets of basic general pci routines, that
multiple platforms use, like the indirect pci conf stuff, or the of_method conf
stuff.  Then if a particular machine/bridge has something funky about it, we
write a quick little autoconf front-end that ties in the right routines, adds
one of it's own, and is basically for that machine only.

If the code ends up being necc. for a larger number of machines, we will break
out the config routines into a file of it's own, and place it next to
pciconf_indirect.c in arch/powerpc/pci.

Eventually I hope to write an rtas conf backend as well, but thats farther down
the road.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/