(ejtag) BDI2000 support for MIPS

hi
has anyone ever used a BDI2000 with MIPS32r2 boards?

Does anyone know where to download the MIPS firmware for BDI2000? The
company that produced BDI2000 went bankrupt, I don't think there are
problems related to Copyright, and in any case it is no longer
possible to buy either the firmware or a new BDI2000 with all the
needed support.

I bought a second hand debugger on eBay, it comes with neither any
loaded firmware nor any CDrom with any host-software.

I don't know how/where to find it and I don't know which software to
use on the host-side.

I suppose "GNU GDB"  can be paired with something specific (a bridge?)
for BDI2000, plus "DDD" as GDB front-end with support for viewing
source code with breakpoints and watchpoints.

host(DDD+BDI-bridge) --- ethernet --- BDI2000(mips) --- MIPSboard(ejtag)

Let me know.
D.