Re: Missing X binary

On Thu, 2 Dec 2021, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> > It looks like it, technically it should just need someone(tm) with the
> > time, hardware and inclination to port the acceleration from XXA to
> > EXA.
> >
> > Are the px/pxg/sfb similar to anything else that might be in tree?
>
> Probably not, they're for the DEC STAMP/PixelStamp architecture. All
> these are also supported on TurboChannel Alphas.

 Well isn't sfb the smart frame buffer (PMAGB-B aka HX)?  If so then it's
quite close to the SFB+ (PMAGD aka HX+), which in turn is almost identical
to the PCI TGA (modulo the bus interface and some RAMDAC variety).  So any
Alpha TGA driver should be adaptable.

 The PixelStamp bits are a different beast of course, and sadly no known
documentation pieces survived (which I was told were some handwritten
notes anyway) so any handling continues being tricky.

 FWIW,

  Maciej