Re: Missing X binary

 On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 01:12:20 PM PST, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 18:41, Jonathan Stone <kiwi_jonathan%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:26:24 AM PST, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
> It looks like it, technically it should just need someone(tm) with the
> time, hardware and inclination to port the acceleration from XXA to
> EXA.
>
> Are the px/pxg/sfb similar to anything else that might be in tree?

Probably not, they're for the DEC STAMP/PixelStamp architecture. All these are also supported on TurboChannel Alphas.

> Assuming Xwsfb works, then it's probably easier to make a copy of the
> Xwsfb driver, then add in the EXA "stuff" (or get a box to macallan@

Last time I was touching that code, pmax was compatible with the vendor (Ultrix) X11 servers, but that was ~20 years ago.
The input API was essentially the same user/kernel shared-memory ringbuffer as on 4.BSD vax.
What does netbsd/vax use these days?