Re: Missing X binary

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 18:41, Jonathan Stone <kiwi_jonathan%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 10:26:24 AM PST, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> [....]
> > On a related note, does anyone on list have a DECstation with display
> > hardware available, and who is interested in testing a X server built
> > from the latest NetBSD sources?
>
> Which display hardware? There are several different variants. I have a near-complete collection, but since NetBSD doesn't work on r4000,
> and some of the PSUs have died, that'd require board swaps, and I'm currently unable to do that (Covid-19 sequelae).
>
> Does this perhaps also mean that hardware acceleration on px/pxg /sfb has been lost?

It looks like it, technically it should just need someone(tm) with the
time, hardware and inclination to port the acceleration from XXA to
EXA.

Are the px/pxg/sfb similar to anything else that might be in tree?

Assuming Xwsfb works, then it's probably easier to make a copy of the
Xwsfb driver, then add in the EXA "stuff" (or get a box to macallan@
:)

David

David