Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 08:16:28PM -0400, Michael wrote:
> Ouch. We really need to teach the installer to create a small HFS
> partition with just the loader in it. On machines with OpenFirmware
> before 3 we can put a loader in the first sector of the disk which then
> loads the rest of the loader from a NetBSD partition - that's what
> installboot does, and likely did on your machine.

The partition is not a (big) problem (see uncommited changes I mentioned
above), but putting HFS into it is non trivial, unless we can provide
the HFS content as a binary blob and just dd it in place.

We have no write support in our hfs file system, nor in makefs.

Martin