Re: The first reboot to hard drive after the CD-rom install failed

On 2020-03-31 11:04 p.m., Mark Grieveson wrote:
On 2020-03-31 8:16 p.m., Michael wrote:
If it does want a partition number it should be the number shown by
pdisk - boot cd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:2/netbsd

have fun
Michael

Hello Michael.  I tried the above command (and variations) and it looked
promising, but it has still failed.  The feedback was:

0 > boot:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:2/netbsd  load-size=63ed2 adler32=d2746df6

tsize=f630 dsize=258 bsize=2750 entry=e00000
SECTIONS:
[..]
CLAIM failed

There were blocks of numbers after "SECTIONS" (fourteen lines before it
declared that it failed).

Mark

Hello.  Just noticed that I had a typo in my last email (above)
regarding the command.  I did correctly render it on the iBook G4 and it
failed.

I noticed the following in the install manual, which may explain it:
"If the boot-file is on the same device and partition (if it's a disk)
as the boot-device then you can just specify the kernel filename.
Otherwise, you need to specify the full Open Firmware path to the
kernel."  I figure that since the boot-file was on a different device,
that the "full Open Firmware path to the kernel" in the command was
required, rather than just the kernel filename.  Does anyone know how to
find out the "full Open Firmware path to the kernel"?

Mark