Re: NetBSD under VM - ntpd doesn't do the job

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Donald Lee <MacPPC2%c.icompute.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Not a PPC problem, but I wonder if anyone knows....
>
> Are there any options in NetBSD that will make the clock behave better
> when the maching is a VM? I'm running an x86 NetBSD 6 VM and it runs
> fine, but the clock drifts pretty badly.
>
> Linux's clock is rock solid as a VM. I have read that the difference is
> that linux handles the HW clock in a "VM-friendly" way.
>
> What are my options for NetBSD?

I'm running NetBSD in VMWare on a Mac. VMWare has an option where the
VM clock is sync'ed with the host clock (which, in turn, is updated
with OSX's ntpd.) Don't know if such a thing is possible with
commercial "cloud" VMs.

--
Rich