Re: Problems with registers save/restore on context switch?

On 27 December 2013 16:45, Donald Lee <MacPPC2%c.icompute.com@localhost> wrote:

>>(My powerpc skills could probably be listed on the back of a 601 die,
>>but some random comments below)
>
> ;->
>
>>There are not many MPC7400 vs MPC7447A differences in
>>sys/arch/powerpc/oea/cpu_subr.c
>>
>>There is one 7447A section with the comment /* Enable the 7450 branch
>>caches */ which also has /* Disable BTIC on 7450 Rev 2.0 or earlier */
>>- I'm pretty sure its irrelevant, but disabling it would be easy to
>>test.
>
> Tell me how, and I'll do it.

Around line 538 of sys/arch/powerpc/oea/cpu_subr.c has

                if (vers == MPC7450 && (pvr & 0xFFFF) <= 0x0200)
                        hid0 &= ~HID0_BTIC;

Build a kernel with the if test commented out (but not the hid0 &= ~...)

                /* XXX TESTING if (vers == MPC7450 && (pvr & 0xFFFF)
<= 0x0200) */
                        hid0 &= ~HID0_BTIC;