Re: dual CPU system hangs

>In article <51E98526.4000702%groessler.org@localhost>,
>Christian Groessler  <chris%groessler.org@localhost> wrote:
>>On 07/19/13 19:27, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>>> Looks like you are running out of memory. Can you print stack traces
>>> from ddb of the two processes that are stuck in xchicv (cross-call).
>>

>>This brings us back to my original question (see above) :-)
>
>Well, ddb from usb is not really working ATM for any platform. You definitely
>can't recover once you enter it (because of locking issues), and sometimes
>on my amd64 entering it produces an unresponsive keyboard. So I would say no.
>
>The other solution would be a serial console I guess.
>
>christos

Random thought: it might be easier to set up a VM with a "serial console" than
a physical machine with a "serial console".  I have not done this, but I
was reading the vmware docs on serial devices, and it doesn't look hard.

-dgl-

P.S. ... everything is easy for the man who doesn't have to do it himself. ;->