Re: Configuring hardware RAID

On 27 Jan 2011 19:32, "Flavio Donadio" <flavio%donadio.com.br@localhost> wrote:

> Thanks for all the information. I feel a lot more confident now. But...
>
> > and its also possible there may be an endian or other issue if its never run big endian (less easy, but I would expect you could find someone willing to help on the list if so :)
>
> Is this something easy to solve? Should I be worried?

Its likely the driver needs to byteswap some of the data transmitted to the card.
If its never been tested on big endian hardware then its possible some of those calls may have been missed.
Its also quite likely it has been tested and it will all just work :) - I just wanted to ensure you were aware of the possibility...

> I just Googled for the userland utilities for Adaptec RAID cards (several attempts with different keywords), but it seems my searching abilities are below zero today.

:/ they do tend to be BIOS focussed