Configuring hardware RAID

Hello, people!

I have been searching Google for the answer, but maybe I am not using the right
keywords...

I am planning on buying an Adaptec AAR-2610SA (HP OEM RAID card for ML G2
series servers) and install it on a blue and white Power Mac G3/400. The card
is cheap and good enough to make me want to try it. From some Googling, I've
found that it works in both 3.3 and 5 volt, 32- or 64-bit wide, 33 or 66MHz PCI
slots.

Since the G3 has 3.3 volt, 64-bit, 33MHz PCI slots, and NetBSD has drivers for
this card, I think I can make it work.

But then, how can I configure it? On a PC (x86), I think it's configured
through the BIOS setup, right? Will I have to plug it in a PC (along with the
disks), configure it and then transfer everything to the Mac?

I don't need to boot through the RAID, since I'll have a dedicated boot disk (a
1GB Compact Flash card with a CF-IDE adapter). The system will run swapless, or
maybe i'll just create a swap partition on the RAID. I think I can do this,
since the swap partition is used some time after the RAID is up, right?

Well... I think that's a bunch of questions already. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Flavio