Re: (Yet another) netbooting trouble

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:16:30 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 01:33:49PM +0000, T. M. Pederson wrote:
> > In OF, `eject cd` is supposed to open/close the tray.
>
> Ah, good - but it doesn't work, maybe the drive is broken.

Or the drive doesn't match on "cd". IIRC, "cd" is an alias pointing to
a specific device path. I'd expect most (all?) Apple built machines to
define this to match the default cabling, but you might have had some
interesting luck there. Still, from what you describe, I'm almost
certain at this point that the drive is the problem.

> > I ran into all of that, too. The only thing I got to work was directly
> > sufficient tools to mount additional resources via nfs and prep a drive
> > for NetBSD.
>
> Unfortunately that is now too big, guess I'll use a GENERIC and try
> to get to NFS root at least.

How about using a 5.x install kernel to prep the disk?