(Yet another) netbooting trouble

Hi folks,

I feel a bit stupid and could use use some help:

I have a powermac G4 but not the original apple keyboard for it. IIUC the
keyboard has the "open cd drive" key and I found not way to open the drive
w/o that (even OF doesn't seem to have a command for it). I would try booting
from that drive, but since I fail to insert the CD in the first place, this
is unlikely to work. Is there a OS X command to force it open?

Now, since the easy way did not work, I tried netbooting the machine and
seem to be running into the same issues der Mouse described here:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2009/04/05/msg000652.html

I can load ofwboot.xcf just fine via tftp, but it fails to do it's dhcp
dance:
BOOTP/BSDP failed: no FILENAME specifiedopen /netbsd: Device not configured

I followed uwe's hint:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2007/05/14/0000.html

but this does not seem to be the problem at hand (I forced mms inside
dhcpd to 576 and it doesn't change things).

I also saw Tsutui's hint:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2009/04/05/msg000653.html

but I failed to boot via bootpd at all (I got bootpd to answer, but
the mac firmware seems to ignore the answers).

Any hints?

Thanks,

Martin