Re: Netbooting a blue and white G3

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Flavio Donadio
<flavio%donadio.com.br@localhost> wrote:
> Check if you have a Rev. A or B logic board (mobo). I can't check right now,
> but you can look up lowendmac.com's profiles, where there's a procedure to
> check which one you have.

Mine has "402" printed on the IDE controler so this makes it the later
one I think.

> Whichever is your logic board's revision, be sure to always configure the
> drives as master and slave, accordingly. Never ever use the "cable select"
> option. Also, it's a good thing to respect the ATA cable position (master on
> the end of the cable, slave on the middle connector).

You're "good thing" was right. All it took was moving the master disk
to the "end" of the cable and now I can boot the OSX master disk
again, and the 200 gig is now a slave. I've never had to do that
before and I had forgotten that it was even required at all.

But I still don't have a very elegant way to boot NetBSD off of it's
own disk, and the bootloader still won't boot a "regular" kernel, I
have to compile it hardcoded to boot from "wd0a".

Thanks!

Andy