Re: X11 configuration

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 01:09:16 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mar 25, 2009, at 11:54 PM, T. M. Pederson wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:59:40 -0400
> > Allen Briggs <briggs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Now I need to get X working, etc...
> >
> > Yeah. I'm stuck there, too.
> >
> > I'd gotten xdm, but not startx, to work under 4.0, but not anything
> > more recent. Of course, that was xf86. Are there any notes for xorg?
> > I've been looking, but haven't found much yet.
>
> It's a Rage 128, Xorg -configure should do most of the work. You'll
> probably need Option "Protocol" "wskbd" and Option "Device" "/dev/
> wskbd" in your xorg.conf's keyboard device section.

My case is a bit different: Mac Mini (Radeon 9200)

I'd gone at the config with xorgconfig, which, of course, has
the same wskbd issue.

The current state is:
Using startx gets the machine to hang.
Setting xdm=YES and wscons=YES gets the machine to hang.
Setting xdm=YES and wscons=NO gets a login screen, but as soon
as I log in, the system hangs. At least this approach gets
results in the logs.

Hmm. Should I expect to take care of this by switching to a
kernel with radeonfb and the RADEONFB options? wscons doesn't
matter, as long as xdm login works, but what *should* wscons
be on macppc these days?