Booting a G3 iBook

Hi folks,

I've grabbed an old G3 iBook and I'm trying to boot NetBSD on it.
I picked up a couple of different macppccd.iso images from the
release engineering server.  One from NetBSD-5RC3 and one from
NetBSD-4_0.  Both of them look like they start to boot, but after
ofwboot.xcf is loaded, the screen clears to grey with a slightly
darker grey circle-slash.  That's a new one on me.  I presume it
means that something failed or is hosed.

Could it be because I haven't partitioned the internal disk yet?
(I'm still looking for a boot DVD to boot for repartitioning, so
I should find out, maybe tomorrow, if that's it)

Anyone seen this one before?  It's not in the FAQ or release /
install notes...

Thanks,
-allen

--