powerbook install woes

Installation was a little rough.  I was startled by this error:

            Command: /usr/sbin/installboot /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx /boot
             Hit enter to continue
        ----------------------------------
        installboot: Need `-B bno' for raw file systems
        installboot: Set bootstrap operation failed

BTW, I don't know what is at wd0a, but it is not NetBSD's root.  AFAIK,
sysinst should not be scribbling on it.  Good thing I had backed up Mac
OS X. :-)

I don't know what to make of the 'no disk label' message, below:

            Command: /sbin/mount -rt cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt2
             Hit enter to continue
        ----------------------------------
        cd0: no disk label -- NetBSD or Macintosh

I can boot the kernel with 'boot hd:,\ofwboot.elf hd:12,/netbsd -c'.
I have to disable fwohci, or else the boot hangs at 'fwohci0: BUS reset'.
The kernel cannot find /sbin/init.  It says,

        boot device: wd0
        root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
        root file system type: msdos
        warning: no /dev/console
        exec /sbin/init: error 2
        init: trying /sbin/oinit
        ... snip snip ...
        init: not found
        panic: no init

If I boot with -ac, then I can set the root to wd0e.  That only gets me
a bit further:

init: trying /sbin/init
panic: cnopen: no console device

Dave