Re: powerbook install woes

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 05:07:30PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> If I boot with -ac, then I can set the root to wd0e.  That only gets me
> a bit further:
>
> init: trying /sbin/init
> panic: cnopen: no console device

I disabled machfb, so that it would not try and fail to attach to my video
adapter, and now I can get a console.  There were still some problems:

Starting file system checks:
mount: /: unknown special file or file system.
rm: utmp: Read-only file system
rm: utmpx: Read-only file system
Setting tty flags.

That happened because sysinst left the /dev/wd0e line in /etc/fstab
commented out.  I replaced the text '???' with 'ffs' and uncommented the
line.  Now the boot gets to the root prompt without additional problems.

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24