Re: powerbook install woes

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:07 AM, David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> Installation was a little rough.  I was startled by this error:

>            Command: /usr/sbin/installboot /dev/rwd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx /boot
>             Hit enter to continue
>        ----------------------------------
>        installboot: Need `-B bno' for raw file systems
>        installboot: Set bootstrap operation failed
>
> BTW, I don't know what is at wd0a, but it is not NetBSD's root.  AFAIK,
> sysinst should not be scribbling on it.  Good thing I had backed up Mac
> OS X. :-)

Is this PowerBook an OF 3.x machine ?
In that case the normal sysinst installation procedure won't work
correctly; the NetBSD partitions should be created manually with the
pdisk(8) utility and the "update existing installation/copy additional
sets" option of sysinst should be used to do the installation.

----

Marco