Port-mac68k archive

Re: Booter for 9.3 kernel not working

> On Jan 24, 2024, at 7:21 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland%ilande.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>
> Funnily enough I've recently sent a few patches over to Retro68 (https://github.com/autc04/Retro68) which is basically gcc-12 for Classic 68k and PPC Macs so that a ready-to-run docker image gets built as part of the Github merge pipeline.

Thanks for the pointer, Mark, this is amazing stuff (and I've been watching with interest your 68k Mac virtio stuff on qemu-devel with interest...)

So, what I'd like to see NetBSD do here is:

- Massage the latest Booter sources into something that can live in src/sys/arch/mac68k/stand/.

- Use the library routines in src/sys/lib/libsa, etc. to the extent possible.  Right now, there's duplication of older versions of some of that code.

- Make it possible to cross-build the Booter from src/sys/arch/mac68k/stand/... using the Retro68 toolchain.

With that in place, NetBSD release engineering could ensure that there is an up-to-date Booter with every release.

-- thorpej