Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD in QEMU (was Re: Installation Error For Mac68k NetBSD on SE/30)

On 23 Aug 2023, at 14:25, Paul Ripke wrote:

I started taking notes, but skipped a few steps. I should probably run
through the process again and fill in the gaps. So, ymmv:

https://www.stix.id.au/wiki/NetBSD-mac68k_under_qemu

Quoting from above page:

Through trial and error, I've found that the maximum memory that
qemu will support for the emulated machine is 355MiB, any more
and the ROM fails to initialise. Furthermore, NetBSD fails to
recognise more than 256MiB.

Perhaps check bbraun’s findings:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230607100726/http://synack.net/~bbraun/djmemcrom.html

A Quadra 800 is a bit different from a Centris/Quadra 610/650, though.

Regards
Götz