Port-mac68k archive

Re: NetBSD in QEMU (was Re: Installation Error For Mac68k NetBSD on SE/30)

On Tue, Aug 22, 2023 at 10:28:43AM -0600, Stan Johnson wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 8/22/23 7:54 AM, Paul Ripke wrote:
> > fwiw, I successfully installed netbsd mac68k under qemu, by booting an
> > install kernel from hfs, and running from there. I gave it a second
> > 1GiB disk image for netbsd, which sysinst dutifully partitioned and
> > created an ffsv1 filesystem on.
> >
> > The booter now successfully loads and boots the netbsd kernel from
> > the ffsv1 filesystem.
> >
> > I haven't tried bigger disk images, but this setup is great for
> > experimentation, and easy enough to do.
> >

> Please post some information about how you got NetBSD to run in QEMU,
> including your version of QEMU, your QEMU command line, etc. Does your
> NetBSD client have network access? Does it need to be able to boot Mac
> OS 7.5.5?
>
> I've used QEMU to create reference GNU/Linux root filesystems (Debian
> SID and Gentoo) for m68k ("-M q800" and "-M virt"), but I've never
> installed NetBSD in QEMU.
>
> thanks for any information

I started taking notes, but skipped a few steps. I should probably run
through the process again and fill in the gaps. So, ymmv:

https://www.stix.id.au/wiki/NetBSD-mac68k_under_qemu

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds