Port-mac68k archive

Re: 6.1.4. won't run on a large drive

Hi, thanks for replying!

30 maj 2014 kl. 18:04 skrev John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost>:

> Hi,
>
>>  Ok, I found an 18GB Seagate Barracuda drive, and have tried to install
>> 6.1.4. SBC on it, but it won’t boot, complaining ”bad UFS”. I’ve formatted
>> the drive with a 2GB Mac partition, twice the RAM size for swap, and the
>> rest for Root&User. The Mac OS has no complaints.
>>
>>  Any hints?

[…]

> In both instances, though, I booted an install kernel and either used sysinst
> or manually installed the sets fetched via FTP.
>
> How did you do your installation?

   I have been using the ”sysinst” method with NETBSD_INSTALLSBC, pulling the
sets via ftp. I had 6.1.4. running on a 1080MB drive, but it was too small for
compiling the pkgsrc ”basic” tools. I noticed then, that the Installer (1.1.h)
didn’t agree with the Booter (2.0.0) on the disk formatting, so I have not used
it since then.

   The complete message from the Booter is:

'Magic numbers do not match — Improper UFS partition.
 Could not open kernel ”netbsd”'

—
Regards,
/Bjarne.