Port-mac68k archive

Re: any current projects?

At 15:12 Uhr -0400 28.9.2011, Mouse wrote:
>>> [...] would it be possible to have mac68k kernels default to
>>> white-on-black console instead of the inverse?
>> No problem with the option, but I'd just hate that default, being a
>> Macintosh user for 20+ years and all...
>
>And I'm sure lots of NetBSD people hate black-on-white, being NetBSD
>users for however long. [...]

Ah, nothing like the smell of fresh paint, eh?  ;o)

I wondered for a moment why the black-on-white-console never really was
contested as long as I have been on this list and its predecessor (16
years?) - and then I remembered: You are not supposed to use the mac68k
consolem much, anyway. It is slow, non-preemtable (I guess), and for
anything more fancy that is not X11, there is misc/dt which you can set up
to your heart's content. I am sure the FAQ knows about it.

HTH,
        hauke