Port-mac68k archive

Re: any current projects?

Side-stepping the "white on black console" bike shed, and returning to the
original question...

At 10:58 Uhr -0500 27.9.2011, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
>Curious if anyone is currently working on anything specific to mac68k.  In
>the past few years I recall discussion/progress on SCSI, IDE, and
>framebuffer issues.

Not "currently working on", but a random list of issues:

There is a PR with Quadra 840 AV SCSI DMA patches from John Klos. I don't
know how many 840 machines are out there, running NetBSD - my 840 gave up
the ghost a few weeks ago, when it stopped recognizing the obio ethernet
and scsi.

My Jackhammer SCSI driver polls the bus, as I was actually able to verify
with a SCSI analyzer a while back, but doesn't get further than that.
Doesn't help I don't have a clue about the MI siop(4) driver. Plus, the
booter needs to be taught to reset busmaster capable devices before jumping
to the kernel.

The booter sources need to be imported into CVS.

I found that when you add a Nubus video card to a machine with obio video,
and make that card your main screen, NetBSD has problems setting up the
console. My guess is the booter does not provide enough information about
the video layout to the kernel, or the kernel spills it.

I have a NI NB-DIO-32F parallel I/O card here which could do with a gpio(4)
driver, but NI apparently flushed their pre-PowerMac archive content. The
manual should have the register structure.

There's probably more, maybe we should start a NetBSD wiki page.  ;)

        hauke