Port-i386 archive

Re: ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, David Young wrote:

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:27:12PM +0200, the_badger%gmx.net@localhost wrote:
Hello list,

I am currently setting up a Compaq DL360 G1 Server with NetBSD
(5.1_RC2). While this worked perfectly so far with a single-CPU
variant (after some help from Matthias Scheler with a reboot-problem,
see attached patch and PR 38501), the kernel (my own patched one as
well as -GENERIC) froze the moment the first CPU was printed in green
on the screen after I changed from single to dual processor.

If you don't mind, try the more conservative patch that I have attached,
and let me know if it does not also fix your reboot problem.

I tried out this patch (for PR 38501), and it seems to work fine on my DL360 G1.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant