Port-i386 archive

Re: ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:

ACPI Error (hwacpi-0156): No SMI_CMD in FADT, mode transition failed [20080321]
ACPI Error (evxfevnt-0221): Could not exit ACPI mode to legacy mode [20080321]

The attached patch should silence the above messages (nothing more though).
I am unsure why the upstream considers this as something worth an error
message, given that this SMI_CMD should be available for ACPI on/off mode
transitions, which apparently is not the case here. There seems to be some
systems that only operate in ACPI mode.

  I tried out that patch on my DL360 G1, and it no longer shows those
messages.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant