Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD and the Intel D945GCLF(2) board..

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 11:53:07AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:05:50PM -0500, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > matthew sporleder wrote:
> > >I've been using a soekris 4801 as a router and web server for a few
> > >years with netbsd.  It is very light on the power bill and I've been
> >
> > Seconded. Years ago I replaced a SPARCstation 10 and DEC PWS500au with a
> > net4801, and there was a very significant change in my hydro bill after
> > that.
>
> You operated the SPARCstaton and the DEC with water cooling?

"Hydro" means "electricity" in Canada.  I'd say because almost if not
all their power is produced by hydro-electrical plants and that all
power companies seem to have "hydro" in the name.

But nonetheless it's very, very confusing when you're new to the
country, looking for a place to rent and being told things such as
"hydro is included in the rent, but not water".  "Huh?"

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost