Port-hp300 archive

RE: Hello from a new list member - couple questions

> Thanks for the info on the SCSI-1 timing. I ran into this type of issue with an old Sun-1 Pizza box. The SCSI1/2
> adapters are pretty cheap, I'll let you know how they work out.
>
> The 385 has VGA ! So that was a plus, but when I get around to playing with my 310, I'll make up a
> sync on-green to VGA, pretty easy to do.

Hello!  I am interested in getting more info about building or buying a sync on green to VGA adapter (or DVI or HDMI).  Currently, I only have a gigantic/heavy 21" monitor to view my 340s, and I would like to replace it with an LCD, for all the obvious reasons.  I have found plenty of information on going the other way, but nothing really solid on BNC to VGA.  If anyone could point me to a product that's known to work, that would be really helpful.

Also, I am clearing out my stack of HP9000/425s.  I think I have around seven of them left, although a few have already been spoken for at our local retro computing society here in Seattle.  If you are in/near/can get to Seattle in the next week or so or would be willing to pay for shipping and want a 425, let me know.  I'm not looking for anything in return, although if anyone has one of the aforementioned video cables they could trade, that would be really nice (I'm keeping my 300s because they're relatively compact, compared to the 425s and 433s).  Or, any hardware for the 8-bit Atari, which has been my latest vintage computing obsession, or a genuine, working VT100.

-mike