Port-evbmips archive

Re: NetBSD on Edimax BR6104K - Stability

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 10:40:50PM +0100, Jan Richling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Someday I would like to produce support for the NAND flash interface and
> > the ethernet switch on the ADM5120, and then tackle the RouterBOARD 3xx
> > and 5xx series.
>
> What is missing with respect to the ethernet switch (except an userland
> interface for configuring the VLANs)? It is running and VLAN
> configuration can successfully be changed by editing if_admsw.c. Okay,
> that is not really comfortable but it works perfectly on my unit.

I would like for bridge(4) & admsw(4) to cooperate to provide the
VLAN function.  I.e., if you create bridge0 and 'brconfig bridge0 add
admsw0 add admsw1', then admsw0 and admsw1 should add themselves to the
same VLAN.  In this way, the h/w optimization is transparent to the user,
who does not have to learn Yet Another Tool to setup networking. :-)

> NAND flash would be really great especially since there is a lot of
> space left. The BR6104K has 2 MB flash and my nfs-image is (gzip'ed)
> only 539K small. I guess switching from NFS code to flash would not
> really increase that so 1,5 MB should be left. That is much more than
> OpenWRT leaves - they have some 400 or 500 KB left and can run a busybox
> + uclibc based userland out of this.

Wow, that is really small.  What is on your NFS image?

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24