Port-evbmips archive

Re: NetBSD on Edimax BR6104K - Stability

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 07:22:39PM +0100, Jan Richling wrote:
> Hi all,
> just a remark regarding stability of NetBSD on the BR6104K using NFS
> root and evbmips userland:
> One of my three boxes is now running since 6 days (with no reboot)
> mainly compiling pkgsrc (nearly no problems... but takes forever) while
> number two yesterday build a toolchain and then a complete Netbsd kernel
> (this took 266 min which is quite fast for such a box) that I just
> booted on that box - perfect.
> So... these boxes CAN be used as self hosted environment (if you have a
> LOT of time....).
> Greetings and thanks to anybody who made this port reality,

That is good news about the stability.

A lot of people are responsible for the port.  Ruslan Ermilov and Vsevolod
Lobko are responsible for the original port.  Matt Isaacs and I brought
the port up-to-date with NetBSD-current.  I wrote drivers for the PCI
controller, GPIO, watchdog, and---on the RB153---the CompactFlash slot.

Someday I would like to produce support for the NAND flash interface and
the ethernet switch on the ADM5120, and then tackle the RouterBOARD 3xx
and 5xx series.

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24