Port-dreamcast archive

Re: Cleanup broken links on Dreamcast FAQ page

I love seeing this old list come active every few years. For the record, I think I last touched this FAQ in 2004, so barring folks having worked on it in the interim, I'm not surprised to see broken links and outdated material.

I'd say it's worth preserving the port if for no other reason than the fact that it's an exotic way to play Tetris, and the world needs more of that if the young are going to learn how computers work. I still have my Dreamcast...and this thread is making me want to plug it into my Meraki switches to see if they recognize the OS, either on a base system boot of the game console or with NetBSD going (and to submit patches internally if they don't, since I work for Cisco these days - a journey that started with me working on this port back in the day to keep sharp). It's also making me think about how I want to eventually teach my daughter (who is, as of today, a way off from that, since she's 15 days old) how to do stuff like this, and it would be cool if a project that daddy contributed to when he was in his 20s was still alive even when she was in her pre-teens.

Can't say that I have a lot of time or energy right this moment, but I'll be watching and pitching in where I can.