Port-dreamcast archive

Re: Cleanup broken links on Dreamcast FAQ page

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Javier Bizcocho Antunez
<volkovdablo%hotmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Is anybody using NetBSD on Dreamcast for something interesting?, Is it
> worthit to give it a try?.

I used to run it just for fun because I wanted to learn more about
booting a diskless client. If you have never done that, the dreamcast
isn't a bad place to start. I don't know about making the boot CD
these days, that was the biggest "problem" I came across back then.

It would be worthwhile for a few people to run newer versions just to
see if it boots. If not, the breakage info could be useful here and
elsewhere.

With 16 megs of memory and only an NFS root (you need the ethernet
adapter), there's not a lot you can do with it.

Andy