Port-dreamcast archive

Re: Cleanup broken links on Dreamcast FAQ page

<volkovdablo%hotmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Is anybody using NetBSD on Dreamcast for something interesting?, Is it
worthit to give it a try?.

I used to run it just for fun because I wanted to learn more about
booting a diskless client. If you have never done that, the dreamcast
isn't a bad place to start. I don't know about making the boot CD
these days, that was the biggest "problem" I came across back then.

The dc-tools package in pkgsrc provides dc-burn-netbsd, which works
great.

It would be worthwhile for a few people to run newer versions just to
see if it boots. If not, the breakage info could be useful here and
elsewhere.

current doesn't seem to build successfully very often for me, but 7
has built and booted every time I've tried it in the past year. I can
even play tetris :)

xinit almost works, it starts up, I can see the classic grey
background and the "X" mouse cursor and wiggle the mouse for a
second until it locks up and the GD-ROM starts seeking like crazy,
endlessly.

I recently got a Broadband adapter which I hope will help me to get
X working as I suspect I may need to swap over NFS.