Port-dreamcast archive

Re: DC IDE adapter questions

David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Presumably for dcext_bus_mem_init() setting up the bus_space_tag_t -
> should that be done a different way?

I'm no bus_space expert, but I'm assuming the correct way to do it is
to either delegate to the parent bus space, or to copy the accessor
functions from there.  Theoretically the IDE adapter could be
connected to a different bus (bus plumbing is defined in the config
file, not in the code), or a different implementation of the same bus.

Looking at the LAN Adapter driver (which should have similar
requirements), it seems to use memcpy() to copy the bus_space from
the attach_args (see mbe_g2_match()).

  // Marcus