RE: SCSI bus activity LED?

Just to follow up...  Regarding SCSI bus monitoring, I found pretty much
exactly what I wanted:
http://www.granitedigital.com/optionalremoteledpak.aspx
(plus a compatible terminator)

I also got a price on the Bridgeworks SE1100 SCSI/iSCSI bridge...  It's quite
expensive and I won't be getting one unless it pops up on eBay at some point.
All the similar bridges I've found are just rebranded versions of the
Bridgeworks product.

More interesting, I found a guy selling a "SCSI emulator" product:
http://www.virtualscsi.com/

It includes a PCI board that acts as a SCSI target and custom Windows-based
software that will emulate various devices, including disks.  The engineer
behind this actually has a pretty impressive resume w.r.t. SCSI technologies.
I'm trying to convince him to just build a standalone SCSI/iSCSI bridge, and in
fact he seems to be 90% of the way there with what he already has.

FWIW, "linked commands" are supported with the VirtualSCSI product.  So far,
with the devices I've tested, I've only seen support for linked commands on an
old Seagate drive.  (To be fair, I have no idea if this has a real-world impact
on performance for the Atari.)

David Ross
dross%pobox.com@localhost