Questions on kernel options enabled by default on i386 but not atari...

I noticed that "options NTP" is not set on Atari, but it is set on i386.

From Wikipedia:

"Because of sensitivity to timing, however, it is important to have the
standard NTP clock phase-locked loop implemented in kernel space. All recent
versions of Linux, BSD, and Solaris are implemented in this manner."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol)

Is there good reason the NTP option is disabled on Atari, or could it just be
an oversight?

There were also a few pseudo-devices enabled on i386 by default but disabled on
atari, including: crypto, swcrypto, ksyms
Anyone know what those are all about?  I did find a little bit of tech info on
ksyms, but its unclear what it would normally be used for.  Debugging perhaps?

David Ross
dross%pobox.com@localhost