Kernel tweaks on TT030

It looks like we don't need "options FPU_EMULATE" in the ATARITT kernel
configuration file.
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-atari/2000/01/31/0001.html

I tried commenting out that option and I now have a smaller kernel.  =)  It
boots and seems to work.  dmesg still says:

Atari TT (m68030 CPU/MMU mc68882 FPU)

Since no TT030 shipped without an FPU, we should probably make this change
permanently in /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/conf/ATARITT.

Questions:
  - What's something I can try quickly that would exercise the FPU, just to
test?
  - Would it also make sense to move kernel compilation from using -m68020 to
-m68030?
  - How about moving from -O2 to -O3?
  - Anything else we might be able to tweak for a "free" performance gain?

David Ross
dross%pobox.com@localhost