[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR #40571 - NetBSD Atari install fails to prepare 16GB MTRON SSD on ACARD SCSI to IDE bridge
Not a blocker for me but worth filing a PR anyway. I just got around to
trying an install on a different HD and hit this issue.
From the PR:
I'm attempting to install NetBSD 5 (200902030000Z) onto an MTRON 16GB IDE
SSD which is hanging off an ACARD SCSI to IDE bridge. The hardware is known
good and I've done such an install with NetBSD 1.6.1. I also regularly
install NetBSD 5 builds onto a Seagate SD318418N and it works great.
That being said, the MTRON setup did cause occasional panics under NetBSD
1.6.1 where I did not see this with the Seagate. I was hoping to test if
that problem still happens on NetBSD 5 but got blocked by this install
How to reproduce the install issue:
1. Zero the MTRON drive.
2. Boot into NetBSD 5 and begin an install. Don't choose the option to use
3. Keep the default drive settings, except bump up the swap partition to
- Now observe that even though you typed 256, the swap partition size is
reported to be set at 257 MB. This doesn't happen with the Seagate. Maybe
this is a hint as to what's going on?
4. Proceed with the install and observe that disklabel fails with:
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Device not configured
5. After being dumped back at the main installer screen, start the install
again and follow the same steps.
6. Now observe a different error as the drive is prepared:
disklabel: partition b: partition extends past end of unit
Main Index |
Thread Index |