Re: netbsd-5 install from unmounted gemdos filesystem

On Fri, 6 Feb 2009, T. Makinen wrote:

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:07 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, T. Makinen wrote:
       http://mono.org/abs/atari-gemdos2/ contain an updated
       version which should correctly mount gemdos filesystems
       *and* look for 8.3 truncated files if it cannot find a full
       filename (we really need to rename at least one of the
       MILAN kernels)

       If you have already downloaded the sets then you can just
       grab sysinst.fs.gz, though everything has been rebuilt and
       picked up a bunch of post netbsd-5.0_RC1 fixes :)

       As an general aside for speeding up testing installs, you
       should be able to install just using the kernel and
       sysinst.fs.gz, telling it to download all the sets from
       http://mono.org/abs/atari-gemdos2/ or similar, though thats
       obviously not relevant in this case...

I tried with your new sysinst.fs; now gemdos filesystem is mounted
correctly and installer finds 8.3 truncated files :)

        Most excellent! Committed to current and pullup for
        netbsd-5 (which *might* make 5.0) about to be sent!