Re: scsi freezing problem with NetBSD current

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:13 AM, David Ross <dross%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> Ok, I tried this one and it died on boot with the same mutex error, just
> later in the boot process.  The boot sequence leading up to the panic was...
>
> ..
> Mounting all filesystems...
> Clearing /tmp.
> Creating a.out runtime link editor directory cache.
> Mutex error: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself
> ..etc...
>
> So I'm wondering now if this is a more or less intermittent issue and I just
> got lucky that first time I was successfully able to boot 4.0.  Or it could
> be that this mutex issue is totally dependent on pmap.c being DEBUG.
>
> I think it's probably not an issue of my userland being 1.6.1 because the
> first time I hit the panic it was so early on boot, but that's just a hunch.

Strange that this happens with your TT, but not with my Falcon.

Are you able to boot with current kernel which has only SCSI fix ? If it still
works, then it's probably DEBUG in pmap.c and/or some other possible changes
that happened in NetBSD current source tree between SCSI fix kernel and pmap.c
DEBUG kernel or I was lucky enough to boot DEBUG kernel two times with Falcon :)

-Tuomo