To: <port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: Booting /NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/200807120002Z on my TT030

Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui <at> ceres.dti.ne.jp> writes:

Anyway, could you please try this one?
http://www.ceres.dti.ne.jp/~tsutsui/netbsd/netbsd-atari-BOOT-netbsd-3-20080721.gz
This is a netbsd-3 based kernel which includes some recent
fixes (mostly for newer gcc) in -current.
(atari5380.c rev 1.37, 1.41, 1.43, 1.44, 1.45)

If it works, I'll send pullup requests both netbsd-3 and netbsd-4 first
since maybe we have to go step by step..

---

Hello,

I had same kind of problems with my Atari Falcon. This kernel works without
scsi freezing and I was able to install NetBSD 2.1 by using it (3 & 4 had
problems with sysinst.fs).

I traced NetBSD 4.0.1 code and found that scsi freezing seems to happen at
"scsipi_base.c" in function "scsipi_execute_xs()" at "(void) tsleep(xs,
PRIBIO, "xscmd", 0);" line of code and after that function
"falcon_claimed_dma()" from "atari5380.c" returns 1.

Also worth to mention is that NetBSD 2.1 & 3.1.1 versions have BOOT kernels
that cause Panic MMU fault with my both Atari Falcons.

I propose that BOOT, BOOTX and FALCON kernels should have support for 68060
CPU to support CT60/63 accelerator equipped Atari Falcons.

-Tuomo