Re: HOWTO for RPi4 and -current?

On Sat, Aug 06, 2022 at 10:34:05AM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> "thermometer" means, you need to cool the CPU somehow. You either need
> a LARGE heat sink (or something like the FliRC case that acts as one)
> and/or a fan.

Or use a video player that utilizes the GPU? In my experience on Raspbian,
thermometer pops up when an application uses CPU for video playback, for
some time (a few minutes may be). vlc or omxplayer that use GPU, do not
invoke this.

> The rest of the world tends to ignore the firmware mostly and tries
> to talk directly to the GPU, but these drivers haven't been "ported"
> yet to NetBSD.

Ok. So if there are RPI4-NetBSD users who use video playback, say of
1080p for at least a few minutes of duration, I'm curious which player
they use and do they run into thermometer, particularly if they are not
using heat sinks or fans.

--
Mayuresh