Re: HOWTO for RPi4 and -current?

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 08:22:13AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> There are versions of ffmpeg (in Raspian) that include such code
> and that talk to the firmware just like omxplayer. You could
> try to make this work with NetBSD.

This is an old thread.

I am attempting to use RPI4-8G with a recent NetBSD snapshot.

No issues faced with booting, wifi, building of some routine packages so
far.

Key question is, how do I play videos without irking the device (basically
without invoking lightening bolt, thermometer etc.)

omxplayer is not available on aarch64, hence on RPI4. Above post by
Michael last year suggested one could try ffmpeg with rpi specific
acceleration. If anybody has had any luck with it, please let do share, or
any other advice regarding the build.

--
Mayuresh