Re: Booting BeagleBone Enhanced (update u-boot)

brook%nmsu.edu@localhost (Brook Milligan) writes:

>So far, I have heard no response to my inquiries about booting a
>Beaglebone [1] and no specific direction on debugging bootarm.efi [2].
>I have also heard no specific examples of anyone successfully booting
>a Beaglebone Black with NetBSD, although some have indicated that it
>is (has been?) possible.

I played a bit with a BBB in the last days, it was always booting NetBSD-9
(and -8 before that), and now also boots NetBSD-current.

But not with EFI.

>I have, however, determined that u-boot v2022.04 will boot a current
>kernel via UEFI on both BBB and BBE boards.

NetBSD-8 and -9 can boot with the ancient u-boot that comes
pre-installed. NetBSD-current can be booted with the 2018.11 version
from pkgsrc. The latter however requires that it is either installed
in the EMMC (not yet successful) or that the EMMC gets erased or
that you press the boot select button.