Re: Booting BeagleBone Enhanced (update u-boot)

> On Jun 19, 2022, at 8:35 AM, Brook Milligan <brook%nmsu.edu@localhost> wrote:
>
> I am trying to boot a SanCloud BeagleBone Enhanced board (should be mostly same as BeagleBone Black) and running into problems.

So far, I have heard no response to my inquiries about booting a
Beaglebone [1] and no specific direction on debugging bootarm.efi [2].
I have also heard no specific examples of anyone successfully booting
a Beaglebone Black with NetBSD, although some have indicated that it
is (has been?) possible.

I have, however, determined that u-boot v2022.04 will boot a current
kernel via UEFI on both BBB and BBE boards.

Consequently, I propose to update the sysutils/u-boot-beagleboneblack
package to that version, which changes the config file to
am335x_evm_defconfig.

I am still eager for specific reports of success or failure from those
who have any of these boards and are willing to test recent kernels
with an updated u-boot.  I am also eager for feedback on the proposed
update.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Brook