Re: RPI3 lightening bolt and firmware files

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 06:17:02AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> Is it a B or B+ model? My B+ is not stable even with Raspbian. I
> assume it's a hardware problem. You mentioned B+ in the mail thread.
> I've had much better luck with my B model. The B+ gets pretty hot. My
> B+ continuously shows the lightning symbol even though I checked
> current draw and it is well below 1 amp on a 3 amp power supply and
> voltage stays above 5.1V. The official documentation says that the
> lightning symbol should only come on at 4.63v +/- 5%.
> https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/power/README.md

Unfortunately yes, it's 3B+.

On raspbian I never got lightning bolt. And at some point, prior to
raspbian I have used NetBSD on it (7 or 8 not recollecting) with no
lightning bolt problem. (It was there, but was solved by copying firmware
files.)

BTW the firmware files for RPI0-3 are still changing upstream. See [4] in
my last mail. Some timestamps are of last 2 days, too. You might want to
try the latest ones.

I am just in the middle of re-flashing with NetBSD 9.1 armv7 image, the
official release. One where I faced issue was a daily build of 10 Nov or
so - not much difference I suppose, but still...

> Get another one and try it if you can.
Thinking about getting 4 - 8GB, whenever I get next!

--
Mayuresh